Palm oil is a versatile oil which is extracted from the flesh of the fruit of the oil palm. The kernel of the fruit is crushed to extract palm kernel oil.
This course covers common palm oil products, the reasons why sustainable palm oil is important and how RSPO certification works.
This course has been designed to give learners an overview of sustainable palm oil and RSPO certification.
At the end of this course learners will understand:
- How palm oil is processed
- The differences between fractions and derivatives
- Uses for different palm oil fractions and derivatives
- The environmental impacts of unsustainable palm oil plantations
- The different supply chain systems
- How companies can make claims about their products
- How Kerry sites can become certified
At the end of the course there is a short quiz to test your understanding of the topics covered.
|What is palm (kernel) oil?||00:00:00|
|Where is palm oil produced?||00:00:00|
|Why do we use oil palm products in food?||00:00:00|
|The process and the terms used in the industry||00:00:00|
|Commonly used terms||00:00:00|
|Fractions or derivatives – what is the difference?||00:00:00|
|Sustainable palm oil||00:00:00|
|Palm oil & the environment||00:00:00|
|The need for sustainable palm oil||00:00:00|
|The different certification systems||00:00:00|
|Sustainable palm oil quiz||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.